Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Evolution and Extinctions

Hi my name is Hamish and today I want to tell you about the mass Extinctions on our planet. Please remember to tell me what you think in the comments , what I've done wrong in your opinion and what I have done right. Have a happy and nice day and remember BE KIND.


Okay Guys and girls to start off let's talk about the Permian .
In my opinion I think the Extinction of the Permian was due to massive volcano eruptions and lava lakes forming from the volcano, of course the lava is not there anymore but you can still see the reminisce of the pits that they were in or that they created. Now in spite of the holes in the ground I also think that the pollen from the trees would have preserved the reasoning behind the mass Extinction of dinosaurs. I think that there would not have been a very high demand for large sea creatures in the rivers and lakes at most I think that there would only have been ancient ancestors of the modern crocodile.


My teacher has asked me to talk about a critically endangered animal of my choice and I have chosen
the saola commonly dubbed as the asian unicorn it is found in the jungles of asia it has only been photographed 3 times in the wild it is one of the most rarest large mammals in the world due to this it is in high demand to see one. Both male and female Saola, have two parallel long, straight, pointed horns that have been measured to reach up to an amazing 20 inches (50 cm), twice the size of their head. Their silky, short fur is a dark chestnut brown colour apart from the distinctive beautiful white markings above their eyes, like an eyebrow, beside the nose and along the jawline. A lighter, cream colouring is also found just above the hooves and on the chest. And they live about 45 years

They are natrily rare and humans are not doing it any justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.