Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

Term 3 Tech Wood

Hi My name is Hamish and Today is the last day of my term 2 Tech wood 2019, I have been making a jeep for my brother who is studying on becoming a mechanic in Australia. I In this post I will be running you thru the steps to make a wooden Jeep.

1. We had to pick a design from 8 of our own choices. Mr Grundy Selected some ideas on what would work and what won't work My 8 ideas where Doll bed for my grandma , a moving cd rack, A phone holder for my dad , A wooden Hot rod , a pinball Game , a jewelry box for mum , a ring storage for mum , a truck for dad and a slingshot.

2. we measured the length of the joint to get the right size and to match the biled that me are making for me since I am making a jeep I had to use a steel rule to get the right size. In my case I had to get 220 mm and 100 mm.

3. I got a tri square and made the gap to slot the 100 mm piece in but first I had to draw the lines and then mark how deep the slot is Mr Grundy said to make it half way so we did just that.

4. we sawed on the pencil lines and unfortunately I made it two luse but we had to do something about it so Mr Grundy said that it will be a lot less strong but it can still work so he went off and started to glue it together.

5. Mr Grundy got a wooden box looking thingy and glued it to the front of the jeep and said that that is the bonnet and with that it made my jeep stronger and a bit more heavy.

6. One the 100 mm piece of wood we cut hole in it for a front window then he glewd on the bonnet to the 100 mm piece of wood.

7. Next we added a piece on the back that I do knot know what it is for but the thing it is the but that folds down on utes and other bigger cars. Do You know what it is called tell me in the comments down below.

8. After that we added side pieces on but not before drawing the shape and cutting and then sanding it to make it nice and smooth.

9. After all of that we added seats . They don't look that comfy due to it being wood after all.


10. After all of that Mr grundy added hole in the side of the jeep for the wheels to go in then he called a wooden poll thru the holes and attached the wheels onto the polls and there you GO the jeep is complete.

I think I did really well on this project it has helped me to realise what woodwork is really before i thought it was a really hard and bruteing thing but now. I know everyone can do it when a teacher as funny and Mr Grundy.I do wish now that I did the plane that is on the wall it looks easy and fun and I want to try it wonday. If I was to improve on something it would be making the joint more tight it is cinda loose now but that is okay.

Thank You Mr Grundy For Teaching Me This Life Lesson

1 comment:

  1. Hello Hamish Its sounds like you had a lot of fun.And by the way I'm Shay and Im year 7 form yms. I like how you explained your blog post maybe next time you could add a slide or picture or something like what you made in wood tech just so its more eye catching. But overall you did great just add more of something asle not just writing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.